13-1111.00 - Management Analysts
|Median wages (2008)
||$35.37 hourly, $73,570 annual
|Projected growth (2006-2016)
Much faster than average (21% or higher)
|Projected need (2006-2016)
||264,000 additional employees
Conduct organizational studies and evaluations, design systems and procedures, conduct work simplifications and measurement studies, and prepare operations and procedures manuals to assist management in operating more efficiently and effectively. Includes program analysts and management consultants.
Sample of reported job titles:
Management Analyst, Business Analyst, Administrative Analyst, Employment Programs Analyst, Program Management Analyst, Quality Control Analyst
- Gather and organize information on problems or procedures.
- Analyze data gathered and develop solutions or alternative methods of proceeding.
- Confer with personnel concerned to ensure successful functioning of newly implemented systems or procedures.
- Develop and implement records management program for filing, protection, and retrieval of records, and assure compliance with program.
- Review forms and reports and confer with management and users about format, distribution, and purpose, and to identify problems and improvements.
- Interview personnel and conduct on-site observation to ascertain unit functions, work performed, and methods, equipment, and personnel used.
- Document findings of study and prepare recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures, or organizational changes.
- Prepare manuals and train workers in use of new forms, reports, procedures or equipment, according to organizational policy.
- Design, evaluate, recommend, and approve changes of forms and reports.
- Plan study of work problems and procedures, such as organizational change, communications, information flow, integrated production methods, inventory control, or cost analysis.
back to top
Tools & Technology
Tools used in this occupation:
|High capacity removable media drives — Universal serial bus USB flash drives
|Liquid crystal display projector — Liquid crystal display LCD video projectors
|Notebook computers — Laptop computers
Technology used in this occupation:
|Analytical or scientific software — SAS software; The Mathworks MATLAB
|Data base user interface and query software — Microsoft Access; Microsoft SQL Server
|Electronic mail software — Microsoft Outlook; Novell GroupWise
|Enterprise resource planning ERP software — IBM Cognos ReportNet; Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher; SAP software; SAS Web Report Studio
|Project management software — Microsoft Project; Microsoft Team Foundation Server